Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Video Art Project

While deciding what to do for my video art project I was really stressed over finals and everything, so I decided to use that as the inspiration for my video. I dragged the camera through plants on campus, and the effect was really chaotic. The switching between different types of plants represents how I was jumping from the work of one class to the next, and there didn't seem to be any end in sight. I edited in some different colors just to add to the chaos and make it seem more unrealistic. The flower at the end represents how relaxed I feel now that finals are DONE, and when this class is over it will be officially summertime for me! There's no audio, only because I didn't know how to make my own. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you used nature for your theme, it definitely set the scene for summer. I know we can a ll relate to the feeling of running around during finals. Hope to see you for crew next semester. Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the flowers, grass and plants was a great idea to decontexturalize something. The color transitions were really great. I think some soft music would have been a great addition to your video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your video really did have chaotic feeling...I felt like a lion or something stalking through the grass. I thought the changing colors was cool, and it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. I hope everything worked out with all your exams!

    ReplyDelete