Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grid Project

I made this Andy Warhol banana out of tic tacs on a 18x24in canvas. Let me start off by saying that tic tacs are friggen expensive- i think i spent at least $150 on tic tacs alone, not to mention the money spent on elmers glue. And I couldn't find just red tic tacs - the cinnamon ones appear to be MIA. So i had to buy the cherry passion flavor, which is a mixture of red and yellow tic tacs, which was perfect because those were the exact colors that I needed. However, as you can see I used way more red ones than yellow ones so I now have enough yellow tic tacs left over to last me for the rest of my life. I'd say this probably took me about 10 hours all together to make and by the time I was done i would have been content if i never had to lay eyes on another tic tac. Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. I love this piece. It looks absolutely seamless and the tic-tac idea and execution is perfect. The time it took to make this definitely shows and I'm awarding extra points because I'm a huge Velvet Underground fan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. You must have incredible patience to do this, because it would have driven me nuts. It came out amazing though and we could all see that you put a ton of effort into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project really turned out great! I know how frustrating it is to not have enough of one color when you are working like this, but you did a great job sticking to the original work. My favorite part is the Andy Warhol signature--it is perfect! I have no idea how you did that tic tacs but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked yours... one of my favorites! I'm a fan of Andy Warhol's work and to see it done this way was awesome. I thought using the tick tacs was a great touch and it looked very well put together. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is amazing. You can definately tell you put alot of work into it and it came out great. I love that you even incorporated Warhol's signature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TIC TACS! Using these was such a unique idea. I'm amazed how you were able to crate the picture using so many tic tacs. I really like the way you formed the signature at the bottom. It really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yet another Warhol fan!...cant believe you used tic tacs! that was a pretty neat idea! my favorite part about this was actually the signature! it came out great and glad we're "friends" now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought tic-tacs could be so heavy. I can't believe you bought all those tic-tacs and I can't believe they don't sell red tic-tacs by themselves, thats so annoying that you had to buy the red and yellow mixed ones. Anyway I thought your finished product was well worth it, it looks really cool and the grid is there but you hardly notice it because the image really stands out. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Amazing new way to show that warhol piece that is so famous. I especially licked how you included his signature in the grid. Also... I just wanted to lick it cuz of all the tic tacs haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You did a great job! I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete