Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MZTV - Stradivarius

I would like to explore this website more when I have more time. I think that it's really cool that this man came up with the idea of collecting things from television as art. It makes perfect sense, I just would have never in a million years thought of it in that way. But he doesn't collect just any pieces. He collects "milestones in technology or design." Good for him. Boo yah.

This is such a great website to use to compare the differences in television from decade to decade. It really elaborates on how television grew and evolved in the past to turn into what it has become today. I also came away from the website knowing this little fun fact: There are fewer prewar TV's left in the world than Stradivarius violins. Which led me to google what the heck Stradivarius violins are...

"A Stradivarius is a violin or other stringed instrument built by a memeber of the Stradivari family, particularly Antonio Stradivari. According to their reputation, the quality of their sound has defied attempts to explain or reproduce, though this belief is controversial. The name "Stradivarius" has also become a superlative applied to designate excellence. To be called "the Stradivari" of any field is to be deemed the finest there is." - Wikipedia.com

Sure, it's not the most reliable source, but it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment