Monday, April 5, 2010

Stelarc = STELLAR (ER?)

First of all, can anyone clarify how to spell the word steller (ar) please? Does it end with an ar or an er?

One of the things that I thought made Stelarc steller (ar) was his australian accent. Another thing was that THE MAN WAS HALF ROBOT!!! Well...sort of. He reminded me of the scientist with the robot spider legs going on in the second spider man movie. At least I think it was the second movie...anyway, writing all of these blogs has made me realise that i do NOT take art seriously, which will probably be my downfall in this class. While I appreciate it and enjoy it, hearing all of the deep interpretations gives me a headache. Wouldn't Stelarc have been satisfied to know that I think that the stuff that he does is really uh, rad? Not only does it take creativety but it also takes brains to build the things that he did! I was really impressed by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment