Monday, April 12, 2010

Wooster Group

I would love to be part of the Wooster Group. I think it sounds weird as hell, but there is something about the phrase "an ensemble of artists who, under the direction of Elizabeth LeCompte, make work for theater, dance and media" that really appeals to me. Actually, on second thought, that first sentence was a lie. However, after further research I have decided that interning with them would probably be fun, even though I would not have the balls to join them professionally. Not that they would even accept me, but still. A girl can dream. And they say it would be a "mutually rewarding experience," which sounds promising.

On a completely un-related note - does wooster remind anyone else of Rooster? I have the attention span of a peanut.

The Wooster Group's programs for junior high and high school students seem to be very educational and beneficial. It looks as though exposing young students to the arts could keep them out of bad situations, as well as broaden their horizens theatrically.


No comments:

Post a Comment