Monday, April 5, 2010

Gilbert & George


These two men were fabulous. I wish i had grandfathers as outrageous as them. Of course I moreso thought that they were funny than took the time to appreaciate their artwork in class, but now that i've googled some more images I guess I can comment on the art rather than on how hilarious i thought they were...

Nooo, on second thought I still think that they're really funny. I think that the names of their artwork are funny ("in the piss"), and i'm laughing while looking at old man genitals. But on a more mature note, I do like how they broke some of their work up into geometric modules, and I also really like the bold colors that they use, since I tend to gravitate towards bold colors in my own artwork. But overall, what I loved the most is how the two of them seemed like such "bros," just makin' art pieces and human sculpture together.

No comments:

Post a Comment